Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 24, 2010

dreamyglee thus full of conflicting messages

songs from glee 

DREAM 
There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.


DEFYING GRAVITY 

Something has changed within me 
Something is not the same 
I'm through with playing by the rules 
Of someone else's game 
Too late for second-guessing 
Too late to go back to sleep 
It's time to trust my instincts 
Close my eyes: and leap! 

It's time to try 
Defying gravity 
I think I'll try 
Defying gravity 
Kiss me goodbye 
I am defying gravity 
And you wont bring me down! 

I'm through accepting limits 
''cause someone says they're so 
Some things I cannot change 
But till I try, I'll never know! 
Too long I've been afraid of 
Losing love I guess I've lost 
Well, if that's love 
It comes at much too high a cost! 

I'd sooner buy 
Defying gravity 
Kiss me goodbye 
I'm defying gravity 
I think I'll try 
Defying gravity 
And you wont bring me down! 

I'd sooner buy 
Defying gravity 
Kiss me goodbye 
I'm defying gravity 
I think I'll try 
Defying gravity 
And you won't bring me down! 
bring me down! 
ohh ohhh ohhhh!

all i can say is that at the wine tasting, which was awesome free and great, thanks to jessica, we had no wine left untasted and yeah, the fear. 

well i guess
its okay to be afraid since nothing stays right

No comments:

Post a Comment